Sunday, September 11, 2011

Tofu Kabobs & Vegan Hot Fudge Sundae

 I made a light dinner tonight: Marinated Tofu & Veggie Shishkabobs.   I served them with a side of mixed greens and my own balsamic vinaigrette.

Here's how I marinated the tofu cubes:
In a dish I mixed 1 c chicken style broth, 2 TB Braggs Liquid Aminos, a few dashes of regular soy sauce, 3-4 dashes of hot sauce, sprinkling of garlic, oregano, and pepper. You really can't mess this marinade up--just add flavors until it tastes good to you. I let the tofu soak up the flavor for a few hours and then threaded them on skewers with veggies. I like cherry tomatoes and colored peppers.

It's good to eat light when you have a heavy dessert. There's nothing better than a banana split with homemade hot fudge & caramel sauces.
 
Yeah, it was better than it looks. The ice cream got all melty under that rich layer of hot fudge.

No comments:

Post a Comment