Like eggplant? I do! Over the weekend I made this cheesy casserole and it was quite tasty (well, what I actually got to taste since Jeff ate most of it).
cheese (I like Daiya vegan Mexican)
1. Wash & cut eggplant into 1/4" rounds.
2. Place rounds on broiler pan, brush with olive oil, sprinkle with freshly ground pepper. Broil 8 minutes on each side, or until slightly golden.
3. Prepare sauce: Mix 2 cups tomato sauce with 1 c enchilada sauce. Add a tsp cumin and 2TB lime juice. Set aside.
|Notice the heart-shaped spoon. These measuring spoons were given to me as a "just because" gift from my dear friend Sandra.|
4. Spread a layer of sauce at the bottom of a 3 qt casserole. Layer rounds on top. Sprinkle cheese & chopped cilantro on top. Repeat with a second layer.
5. Cover with foil. Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.