Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Silly Tradition :-)

Every family has certain things they do that make life sweet. I've always said that life is in those little moments. One silly tradition I have in my family involves soup.

Soup in my house usually contains carrots, and I always cut one carrot coin into the shape of a heart and toss that into the pot for someone to find. The person who finds the carrot heart in their soup gets the good luck. My family and friends kinda laugh at me for this tradition, but I know they secretly love it; they are always on the lookout in their bowls for their little symbol of love. Here is a picture of a carrot heart swimming in a hot bowl of hearty wild rice & seitan soup:

 
Silly, yes. But if it makes people feel special when they come to eat with us, I am all for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment