Sunday, September 11, 2011

Casserole Time

Because Fall is the best time to make comforting casseroles, I made the classic Campbell’s Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole (except I used the chicken style Boca patties, Daiya cheddar in the interest of making the casserole vegan, & I used my own homemade cream of celery soup as a base since I really don’t care for canned soup--but hey in a pinch use what you’ve got). I had to make this since Jeff loves casserole. Any casserole. In fact, he calls everything I make Cindy's Kickasserole :-)

I wanted to try out my new baking dishes made by Temptations Presentable Ovenware. I bought them because you can do everything with them--prep, bake, and freeze food—and they are microwave and dishwasher safe. You gotta love that! You don't have to worry about dirtying so many dishes just to get a meal on the table. ONE dish. That's it. They're really a time saver and make clean-up easy (even the baked on cheese came off with ease). They are also quite pretty so you feel good sitting them right on the table after baking. I know I’ll get a lot of use out of these.

I would recommend them highly to anyone in the market for anything like this. Here's where I bought 'em:

And this is what they look like with my casserole in it:


No comments:

Post a Comment