Monday, September 12, 2011

The Sauce That Will CHANGE Your Life!

Ok, so maybe not, but this one comes pretty close for me! I'm such a pastaholic with a penchant for yummy alternatives to traditional marinara, so this sauce has been a hit that leaves no family or friend going hungry:

Cappellini in Fresh Tomato Cream:

Ingredients28 ounces of quartered tomatoes (you can also use a 28 oz can, I use Nature's Promise Organic or Muir Glen Organic). If you wanna be really lazy you can just use a jarred ready-made sauce; hey, we all have those days!
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Oregano (I add more to taste, and fresh is best, if using fresh double your amount. I love LOTS of it!)
6TB cream cheese (I like Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese)
2 TB margarine or butter
2 TB nutritional yeast (depending on where you live you may need to buy this from a health food store)
3-4 cloves of garlic

1. Heat salted water for your pasta. I like capellini or linguine fini.
2. In blender, blend tomatoes smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and reblend until combined. It will be a beautiful blush color.
3. Add sauce to large skillet that will accomodate pasta too & simmer for about 10-12 mins. on medium low until bubbling. 
4. Cook pasta while sauce cooks, then toss it into sauce.

This is so simple and you won't believe how yummy it is! It works great as a bread dipper too. Trust me--enjoy this while you can because you won't have any leftovers!

Buon Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment